Applications open in mid-August 2017 for the next intake of the Graduate Certificate of Humanitarian Leadership / Humanitarian Leadership Programme (GCHL/HLP), which commences 06 November 2017. An online application is possible from this website.
After the application period opens, applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and applicants may be offered a place prior to the closing date.
Any applications received after the closing date will be considered for a place on the next available intake.
Places on the programme are limited and therefore we will only select participants who are suited to the level of this learning programme.
The programme represents a significant investment of participant time and energy – we need to believe that you have considered this fully and are able to make the necessary commitment.
You will need to demonstrate the following:
- Five years experience of working with recognised national and international non-governmental organisations, UN Agencies, private sector organisations or relevant government bodies related to humanitarian and emergency response;
- A minimum of three years in a senior managerial role;
- A desire to develop your leadership skills in order to make a positive contribution to the future of the sector
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Must have equivalent English language level to 6.5 IELTS or similar. You may be requested to undertake a written test or undergo interview if the application panel needs to confirm your English language proficiency.
You will need to ensure you have the support of your employer or sponsoring organisation. Please discuss your application with your line manager as they will be required to provide a supporting statement, as well as sign a declaration that they will support you during the course. You will need to prepare, then complete and submit the application form, provide your curriculum vitae, answer motivation questions and write a short personal statement. We expect a high volume of applications and encourage you to apply early to maximise chances of being awarded a place on the programme.
Once you have submitted you will receive an automatic reply to confirm that your application has been received.
You can download the required forms and documents from the Application Form page
To ensure your application submission is successful, please use the following guidelines:
- Use an updated internet browser (Recommendations: Chrome, Safari or Firefox)
- Keep all attachments under 5MB in size
- Try to avoid applying while on a weak internet connection
- Make sure everything is filled out and uploaded correctly
- Enter the correct captcha